Monday, November 5, 2012

The one about chickens and missionary friends

So, Nick's first week after being baptized, he got up and bore his testimony! And then they had him say the closing prayer and he was just a stud! ha ha!  We found out his girlfriend is planning on moving down here in December and he wants to propose to her when shes here so if that's the case, I'll be able to go to their wedding if they do it this coming summer, it would most likely be in Michigan cause that's where they are both from. So that will be sweet!  That's one of the perks of going state side.  We had dinner with him on Friday night at Applebees and got the details on everything that he is plotting ha ha!
We have some other baptisms coming up. Jen has a date for December 15th right now and she is doing really well, she is basically a member already and everyone thinks she is too. She said she got the conviction she needs!
Writing your name on the wall with cheese.  What a great past time!

Well, we had and eventful Halloween of driving to a meeting and then driving some more.  I got to give a baptismal interview and then we crashed at Many's apartment for the night.  It was a long day... and then we had to instruct for two hours on Friday in a zone training meeting we put on. But the work's going great.  We have a lesson with the Wagleys tonight at the Bishop's and he is making gumbo. The bishop is famous for his cooking. Everyone knows him and loves his cooking and he is hilarious. We are thinking about buying him some chickens cause he hasn't got any for his coop yet.  We are going to make him name them after us one will be Ritchie and one will be Smith. 
Chicken Coop the Elders built for the Bishop
Yeah that's crazy Heather is going on a mission, she wrote me a letter telling me about it that's cool ha ha! There isn't going to be anyone to date when I get home!  Oh well. So,  is Josh is planning on a mission what about baby Heaps? Is he talking about it at all?  Collin sounds like he is doing great, he said he saw my blog and  said he didn't like the timer, so I had to tell him that was your doing, and I don't put anything on it ha ha! But as long as I don't see the timer I'm good, you can do what ever you want.  
Erica said she is doing great too. I can't believe she goes home so soon! That will be cool, we will have to set her and Eric up ha ha! We could use a Forbush in the family.  What about Rachel? What is she up to?  And tell all the little Andrus kids hi for me and that I miss them and I talk about them alot and that I loved the pictures they sent. 
The time changes makes missionary work hard.  But everything is going really well down here staying busy and look for miracles.
Louisiana Sunset
Well I better get going,
Love y'all
Love, Elder Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment