Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Staying in Baton Rouge

I'm staying in Baton Rouge! I wish i was at Lake Powell with ya'll, I want to go swimming so bad its been in the hundreds this last week almost every day until yesterday.. but then we finally got some rain and its cooled down a little bit but its starting to get more humid.

But I'm staying here, I was kinda nervous I was going to get transferred again I didn't wanna leave all the people we have been teaching.. We had a lady come up to us the other day and said she wants to join our church... so we have started teaching her but its going to be kinda hard because she doesn't have a car and kind of lives in the projects so she can't ever come to church. We started teaching a 14 year old from California too, he is living with his grandma and he's an awesome kid that's been through a lot..we got our transfer calls last night and we are all staying in the apartment except Elder Rawlings who is from Preston.

I got a letter from Erica the other day and a "dear elder" from Dena. They were awesome! Erica sounds like she's doing good with everything other than the language was a little tough. Grandama and grandpa do need an older dog but I'm not willing to share mine, you can give them Mercy.

I'm not planning on doing much for my birthday. There's not really much to do, we might do something on preparation day today but that's probably it.

Oh, i made a delicious roast yesterday in our crock pot, we have a family dinner once a week where one of the companionships cooks. It was soo good! A roast and garlic bread.. My companion and I are having a race to see who can lose 20 pounds first, I think we are going to lay a pair of new shoes on the line.. Well I don't know if i have to much else to say just I'm kinda jealous your at Lake Powell.. especially when it has been extremely hot here.

Well, love you
elder ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment