Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

Hey, it was good to hear and see you guys on Christmas.

I had an awesome Christmas. That miracle I was talking about, we were supposed to baptize a  little girl and her brother Saturday but we weren't able to get permission from their mom yet, but we are hoping to get it soon and get them baptized. I'll let you know how it goes.  We were having a really rough day and then we met them through their grandma and committed them last week. They have a strong desire to be baptized so its still a miracle, just gonna talk a little longer to work it out. Oh, and the little girls name is L. and we were stopping by right after I got your package last week and it had that CTR slap bracelet.  I knew what to do with that as soon as I saw it! We stopped by and L. had read the chapter in the Book of Mormon that we left and additional ones as well and we were standing at the door and I told her to hold her wrist out and I reached into my pocket and I snapped her on the wrist with the bracelet and she loved it.  Just the night before they were looking at my CTR ring and I was telling them that it meant "choose the right" or "Christ the Redeemer" and she really wanted one really bad.  So I was able to give her that one after she had read and she loved it!  She is awesome a little 9 year old that loves reading the Book of Mormon and really wants to get baptized.  She comes to church even when her grandma doesn't. So we are hoping everything works out with her mom.  Her brother is supposed to get baptized too but we have only meet with him the  first time we taught her, so we are hoping to get him over to his grandmas again because he really wanted to be a member of the Church.

Thanks for all the Christmas presents, I really liked them  all!! Just remember the true spirit of Christmas, as the prophet said you can just drop the second part of the syllable of Christmas and it becomes the spirit of Christ. He is the reason for the season. The greatest gift we will ever be given was the gift of our Savior and I know that he is the Son of God and our Savior and Redeemer.

Love, Elder Ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment