Monday, July 11, 2011

A softball game and diversity

We had a good Fourth of July, we asked everyone in the ward for baseball mits and we got some bats and we went and played some soft ball. We even got a grill and had a BBQ. There were 14 of us missionaries and one that used to be a missionary here but went home and came back to sell security systems.. but it was great to play ball! I still couldn't reallly walk so I just pitched and hit and someone would run for me. It was the hottest game of soft ball I've ever played, it's so humid it's crazy! I didn't think it was possible to sweat so much, well I didn't sweat to bad cause I wasn't running at all but still its was hot... but my foot is alot better, it's turning back to its normal color and I can walk sort of normal.

We have a baptism comming up this Saturday if everything goes according to plan, he is really excited! We got him another Book of Mormon in Farsi because he lost his when he changed his store location. We started teaching a lady from Hati yesterday and we had a member that went to Canada on his mission and speaks French come so we could comunicate with her a little better. We have a teaching pool from all over the world, We have hit almost ever continent I think; Africa, the Middle East, Europe, Asia and we are going to teach a member's mom from Brazil this week when she gets here.... It's pretty diverse here, one big giant melting pot.. I'm not really sure why they come to Baton Rouge of all places, but hey, if they are willing to hear us teach the restored gospel, nothing's gonnna stop us!

No comments:

Post a Comment