Monday, December 17, 2012

The Zone is on Fire!

Hey, another good week here! I was in Markville most of the week on an exchange. we have an investigator that is nine years old  named Alex K. we were working on getting him baptised here this Saturday but we had to push it back, we are trying to make it work so the dad can baptize him and its looking good so far if we push the date back a week or two. 
 
We have another investigator that is in her sixties named Rita that has a date for January 5th. I finally got to met her at church, they had a lesson with her while I was gone but we should teach her again this week even though I'll be up in Many on an exchange I should be back for it. She seems like a really awesome lady and she was saying that she wished she was just baptized already and she is looking forward to getting the gift of the Holy Ghost. 
 
I got to give a baptismal interview to a lady in Oakdale last week that is the wife of the 1st councilor of the first presidency (I'm not sure what first counselor of what first presidency he is talking about here, somehow I don't think he's talking about Sister Eyring - marie). It was a really awesome interview! She had a stroke a couple weeks ago and is doing really well and ever since, she hasn't smoked and hasn't wanted to and thats the main thing that was holding her back. It was probably the best baptismal interview I've ever been in she was really excited and anxious to get baptized already. I get to go do another couple of interviews in Many this week, thats why I'll be up there. Our zone has been on fire lately, most of the companionships are doing really good work and it has really been showing.
 
Yes, I did get the package this morning, so I got to open a few of the presents. We had fun with the paddle balls this morning, it got a little dangerous though.
 
So there is a member here that is moving to Shelley right after Christmas. He said if I needed to send any boxes home I could give them to him. So if there is anything y'all might want from here let me know and I'll send it.  I will probably send some Gumbo Rue's home so I can make a gumbo and some Slap Ya Ma'ma.
 
Thats awesome Dave and Lori finally got sealed! And that everyone is going on missions! And Josh said there is a possibility he might have his call before I get home!
 
So for Christmas we're not really sure what time we are calling yet. It will probably be around 1pm your time and 2pm here we are guessing.  If we don't get to email next week we will have a member text you when we will call or something.
 
So Elder Lee's mom called you, haha! that's funny! I will have to tell him. 

Well, I best be going,
Love y'all!
Love, elder ritchie

No comments:

Post a Comment